RE: Problems with lp0

My gpio.c says version 1.12, do i need to download a new patch or something?  I downloaded the latest kernel this morning and then did a ./install  maybe i had the wrong patch or something?

in gpio.c the version number stated at the top of the file says 1.12  so how do i get 1.13?

I added the printk(...) line to gpio_open but the line is never printed when i try and open the device.  I did recompile the kernel when i changed it.  so do you think it's not even getting to the gpio_open part?

>How do you do it on the redhat box?
>Is it using the Linux framework or accessing the port directly?
>Try compiling and using the same tool on the devboard.

Well i've done it two ways on Redhat - 1 using outb and the other using lp0, neither seemed to work/compile on the axis