Framebuffer

Hello,

Sorry maybe this is a bit off-topic. I plan to write a framebuffer driver
for graphical LCD module (based on KS108B). I browse kernel source
(driver/video) but I realised that the drivers maps a physical memory.
Unfortunately I can not reach the LCD memory directly. In case of write()
and read() is it possible to do the work through the registers. But I have
no idea how can I implement  mmap(), because all of the drivers I saw maps
the physical memory of the device.

Have anybody experience or idea regarding this matter?

PS.: sorry if this mail duplicated, I sent it second time because the first
was unsuccessful.
Problems with Windows - Reboot.
Problems with Linux       - Be root.

(04)