RE: using parapin freeware on etrax100lx

>Does this also disable/enable the data buffer for input?

Yes

>Also, I need to know how to toggle the seli (p0selectin bit) - the
>description is unclear whether I need to also invert the signal (using the
>R_PAR0_CONFIG iseli bit 24); or can I just write a 0 to the seli bit.

On the developer board there is an inverter on the board between
the ETRAX and the parallel port connector (for lp0). You can
compensate for this inverter by enabling inversion in ETRAX
through R_PAR0_CONFIG. My suggestion is that you write the
code and test if seli has the correct polarity, if not you
can invert it through R_PAR0_CONFIG.

/Mikael