Re: mknod /dev/video0

Markus Nilsson wrote:

> There is noone! and i can't make one "manually" as bttv doc says like
>
>     mknod /dev/video0 c 81 0
>
> because I have no permission to write to "/dev" on dev-board.

Actually, it's because the /dev directory (and most others) are
read-only.

> What do I got to do to make this character device file?

The various device files are created by
packages/devices/axis-2.4/Makefile, so you need to add something like:

        @$(MKNOD) -m 0666           $(DEV)/video0    c 81    0

(You can create device files on the fly by placing them in /etc
somewhere, but then you need to be able to specify the path to the
device file to whatever program you're running.)

--
Orjan Friberg
Axis Communications AB