RE: Impossibility to flash via ethernet port

Hi,

This is the most common problems with new cards. Have you been able
to repeat the exact same problem with several cards?

>- Could it be possible the ETRAX and the DM9161 are not compatible ?

ETRAX should be compatible with any MII or SNI transceiver

>- The ETRAX Bootcode could it be damaged by a solder process ?

Not the boot code itself but ETRAX or other components may
be damaged. Are the cards soldered in a machine or by hand?

>- Could it be possible the ETRAX do not be able to recognize the Multicast
>adress send by the PC any more ?

No

>The ETRAX seems to take in consideration the BS1 and BS2 state after the
>reset : we've 25Mhz on TxEr only in Bootstrap mode.

Good. In many cases not even the clock runs on the first try.

>Please helpppppppppppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Start by checking that the link LED on the hub is lit and that
the hub indicates no errors. If the link LED goes up and down
you may have a problem with e.g. trace lengths from the
transceiver. If you are using a switch or crossed cable you
should try with a hub (100MBit/half duplex).

The next step is to check that the mounted components on the
card are the same as specified in the schematics. It happens
that the machine misses some components or that the mounting
list does not match the schematics. There may of course also
be discrepancies between the schematics and the PCB cad...

Is it possible to connect a logic analyzer to the address bus
on your card?

In some cases we have helped customers to get their card
running. If you need assistance you should contact
fredrik.norrman@xxxxxxx.

PS. Have we reviewed your schematics? DS

/Mikael