From: owner-dev-etrax@xxxxxxx.com]On">mailto:owner-dev-etrax@xxxxxxx.com]On
Behalf Of Szabo, Tamas
Sent: Monday, December 02, 2002 8:08 AM
To: dev-etrax
Subject: Memory leakage?

Hello,

I wrote a driver and I found that after a long period the application which
used this driver terminated. At first I thought that my driver is buggy.

But it seems that the problem appear when I does not compile my driver into
the kernel. The situation is the following:

The devboard boots correctly. I open 3 telnet connection and start the
script.sh (the attachment contains it, I thing other software also can cause
same effect if it needs bigger amount of memory). Right after reset it works
fine. ~8-10 hours later I can start 2 instances of this script, if I start
the 3rd, it kills one of another telnet connection. At 20 hours I can start
1 instances but after a few second it kills itself (basically the in.telnetd
process is killed)

I try to collect the information, the files.tgz contains these.

Can anyone help me whether is it a bug or I made a mistake?

 <<files.tgz>>

Problems with Windows - Reboot.
Problems with Linux       - Be root.

(6)