can't edit network.conf!

hi, we are new to this system, and after setting it up successfuly with network
connection, we have a problem.
we used the web interface to edit the network.conf file, and it did something
wrong and made the file size to 0. we were able to erase that file but we cannot
recreate it because it says that the disk is full.

the disk is not full since the etc directory is supposed to be in the other flash:

[root@(none) /mnt/flash/etc/network]48# df
/dev/flash3               3680      3680         0 100% /
/dev/flash2                192       120        72  63% /mnt/flash
tmpfs                     7360        48      7312   1% /var

[root@(none) /mnt/flash/etc/network]48# mount
/dev/flash3 on / type cramfs (ro)
/proc on /proc type proc (rw)
/dev/flash2 on /mnt/flash type jffs (rw)
tmpfs on /var type tmpfs (rw)

we tried deleting small files on the full partition, but it didn't change a
thing - maybe there is a file leak on this system???

anyways, we also tried to press the reset button for 30 seconds and it didn't
change a thing....

any ideas?

Eyal Katz
Direct Leap Technologies