RE: can't edit network.conf!

> hi, we are new to this system, and after setting it up
> successfuly with network
> connection, we have a problem.
> we used the web interface to edit the network.conf file, and
> it did something
> wrong and made the file size to 0. we were able to erase that
> file but we cannot
> recreate it because it says that the disk is full.
>
> the disk is not full since the etc directory is supposed to
> be in the other flash:
>
> [root@(none) /mnt/flash/etc/network]48# df
> Filesystem           1k-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
> /dev/flash3               3680      3680         0 100% /
> /dev/flash2                192       120        72  63% /mnt/flash

I don't think that you can trust Use% for a jffs-partition since it
does garbage collection.

> tmpfs                     7360        48      7312   1% /var
>
> [root@(none) /mnt/flash/etc/network]48# mount
> /dev/flash3 on / type cramfs (ro)
> /proc on /proc type proc (rw)
> /dev/flash2 on /mnt/flash type jffs (rw)
> tmpfs on /var type tmpfs (rw)
>

> we tried deleting small files on the full partition, but it
> didn't change a
> thing - maybe there is a file leak on this system???

I suspect that jffs isn't always able to make free space available
for writing, especially if you have a lot of large files in the
file system. (But that's just a guess, I don't know the jffs
internals that well.) Anyway, you probably have too much on your
jffs-partition right now. Remove some more or make the partition
larger.

> anyways, we also tried to press the reset button for 30
> seconds and it didn't
> change a thing....
>
> any ideas?

Keep the test-button (any of the two buttons between the COM1 and
COM2 serial ports) pressed while booting up, not the reset button.

Best regards
/Jonas