USB-Server?

Hi,

Maybe not the correct list, but does anybody know if Axis have any plans
for making a USB-Server (similar to the Serial-Server), or add a couple
of USB ports to the existing serial server?

One idea would be to write a low-level USB to Ethernet (or TCP/IP) Linux
driver that would make it possible to use the USB-Server to distribute
USB devices (irda, bluetooth, printers, web-cameras) anywhere in your
network.

We are using the Axis Serial Server today for our IrDA solutions
(Phone-, PDA-, Internet Beamer), but it would be really interesting if
we could use USB dongles instead of serial port dongles. Our IrDA
solution makes it possible to push content such as logos, ringtones,
vCards, Java-apps, SMS and MMS messages to IrDA capable mobile phones,
or give Internet access to PDAs etc, and we are also developing a
payment system for IrDA capable mobile phones. The Axis Serial Server is
almost the perfect solution ...

-- Dag

--
Dag Brattli,                    Mail: dag@xxxxxxx.com