Fast responce (Interrupts)

Hi all,

I am working on a project where we are in need to periodically (~5ms) run a piece of code to handle external signals. This code is required to run every 5 ms or there will be problems.

The solution I have been thinking of is using an external hardware generating a pulse on the NMI pin available on the Etrax. Do you think this is the best way to do this or do you have any other ideas?

Are there any documentation or sample code available for the use of NMI (or the solution that you proposes)?

Thanks,
Peter

Peter Fredriksson M.Sc.CE
Free2move AB            Office +46 (0)35 18 21 90
Pilefeltsgatan 77       Fax +46 (0)35 18 21 99
S-302 50 Halmstad       www.free2move.se