RE: Kernel oops using DMA on MCM

Ok, thanks for the input, I'll talk with the ASIC guys about this.
What is your R_BUS_CONFIG value (in kernelconfig)? Would it be
possible for you to run a test without the tx alignment but with
bit 8 in R_BUS_CONFIG = 1 (i.e. dma_burst=16).

>I am planning to leave it at 2*cacheline, however.

The ethernet driver allocates memory dynamically and have to
allocate two extra cachelines to be able to align the memory
returned by kmalloc. For statically allocated buffers like
yours these two extra cachelines is not necessary (if the
buffer size is a multiple of 32) but they can't hurt you either.

/Mikael