usleep() timing problem

Hi all,

  I am interfacing ADC to the parallel port of the
Axis Developer board, and i am using parport device
driver.

I have written a program, and it is working fine. I
used "usleep()" to get required time delay..........
but instead of getting time delay interms of
microseconds... i am getting indefinite
(unpredictable) approximately 3 ms.

this limits my sampling rate of ADC....... is there
any other method is available to get the accurate time
delay (atleast in milli seconds range)  ?????????

thanks in advance

Regards
Ranganadh

       visit http://in.tv.yahoo.com