Serial 9bit (mark / space parity)

Hello Mikael,

A few weeks ago I interested in a solution regarding the above mentioned
topic.

There is a possibility in ETRAX for using these feature. For PC (i386) arch
the kernel contains this already. Setting the corresponding bit (CMSPAR) in
c_cflag in termios structure cause mark/space parity instead of odd/even.

I made a very little patch by which the same infrastructure can be used in
userspace on ETRAX.

Is it possible to apply this patch into the official ETRAX kernel?

 <<serial_0212301410.diff.gz>>

This patch can be applied after linux-2_4_19.diff

I hope this can help if somebody would use 9 bit communication (like me:-)

Best regards,

Tamas Szabo

(6)