From: owner-dev-etrax@xxxxxxx.com
To: 'Mikael Starvik'
Cc: dev-etrax
Sent: 2003-01-02 11:45
Subject: Serial 9bit (mark / space parity)

Hello Mikael,

A few weeks ago I interested in a solution regarding the above mentioned
topic.

There is a possibility in ETRAX for using these feature. For PC (i386)
arch
the kernel contains this already. Setting the corresponding bit (CMSPAR)
in
c_cflag in termios structure cause mark/space parity instead of
odd/even.

I made a very little patch by which the same infrastructure can be used
in
userspace on ETRAX.

Is it possible to apply this patch into the official ETRAX kernel?

 <<serial_0212301410.diff.gz>>

This patch can be applied after linux-2_4_19.diff

I hope this can help if somebody would use 9 bit communication (like
me:-)

Best regards,

Tamas Szabo

***********************
The information contained in this message or any of its attachments may
be confidential and is intended for the exclusive use of the
addressee(s). Any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other
dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited
without the express permission of the sender. The views expressed in
this email are those of the individual and not necessarily those of Sony
or Sony affiliated companies. Sony email is for business use only.

This email and any response may be monitored by Sony United Kingdom
Limited.
(6)

 <<serial_0212301410.diff.gz>>