Re: verify problem

> Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 13:14:55 +0000 (GMT)
> From: B.Ashraf@xxxxxxx.uk

> I recently ran GNORPM, selected cris-dist-1.22-1 and selected VERIFY.
> The following error came
>
> package:     cris-dist-1.22-1
> file:        /usr/local/info/dir
> problem:     md5, file size, modification time
>
> What does this error mean? Is it something i should be worried about?

I don't know; I don't run GNORPM.  Since the rpm package md5
checksum is checked at installation time, I don't think there's
a package integrity problem.  However, the file
/usr/local/info/dir is shared, meaning other packages are
expected to add entries.  It's part of the directory you see
when you run info, or M-x info in emacs.  Maybe there's a tweak
needed in the spec file to indicate the mutableness or maybe
GNORPM has a bug.  I'll check the spec file.

brgds, H-P