Memory test for etrax

Hi

We made our own board with an Etrax 100LX and 32MB SDRAM and 8MB Flash.

After production we would like to perform serveral test e.g memory test
(walking one etc.)
flash test just for design verification and to see if everything was solderd
correct.

Has anyone done something like that or can tell me how to do it?
I suppose I have to do my tests before linux is up since I need unlimited
and direct access to the SRAM (access to real physical address).

I'm thinking of a piece of software that can be send via ethernet boot (like
ktest or flashit) that testes the memory and flash and gives me feedback
over serial port.

How much work would you expect to implement such a test?

Thanks for any hint

Alex Raimondi