problem with installing the Dev. Kit

We have recently set-up a new system for SW development.
We are using RedHat 7.2, and there is something we have obvoiusly not
installed. After getting the kernel sources and typing
./install

(after a while) we get the folloging message:

checking for tgetent in -ltermlib... no
checking for tgetent in -ltermcap... no
checking for tgetent in -lcurses... no
checking for tgetent in -lterminfo... no
configure: error: Could not find a term library.
Configure i /axis/devboard_lx/apps/tools/gdbserver/gdbobj/gdb failed, exiting.
make[1]: *** [gdbserver] Error 1

However, we HAVE libtermcap-2.0.8-28 installed.

What is missing? We did not find this problem in other installations.

Thanks,

   Rafael