RE: How to boot from serial port with Etrax MCM and etrax100_boot

Hi.
Assuming you are using the e100lx_mcm release located at
http://developer.axis.com/download/e100lx_mcm/R1_0_0/
as a base it should be quite straight forward. In this release
there is a newer version of tools and etrax100boot that supports serial boot.
This tools version is also available separately at
http://developer.axis.com/download/tools/tools-build-R2_0_5.tgz

Once your image is made you can run './flashitall -p' to get the etrax100boot sequence.
This sequence includes initialisation of necessary registers and the SDRAM initialisation sequence
plus the flash loading commands. Uploading of the image to RAM will take quite some time
so you can remove the --file and --flash commands. Instead you need to add --serial and --baudrate 9600
to make the serial boot work. Other suitable etrax100boot commands are --memtest c0000000 c0800000 which will
test the RAM memory for you (assuming only internal RAM), add this after the memory initialisation.

See etrax100boot --help for more info.

Regards
/Magnus