RE: Ethernet controller hangs?

>Now my question is: is it possible that the Ethernet controller has
>partially hung (sending part) and is reset when the cable is plugged
>back in?

Which transceiver do you use? I have never seen any problems with
broadcom transceivers but I have seen other transceivers hang.

How is your DMA descriptors set up and how do you handle overrun,
excessive collission etc? The receiver will stop if there are
no place to put data and needs to be restarted if that happens.
But I can't think of any case where it would matter to
renegotiate with the transceiver

>Is it possible that the RS422 controller has partially hung (receiving
>part) and is reset when the Ethernet cable is plugged back in?

That seams unlikely.

/Mikael