RE: Problem with Ethernet and Etrax 100LX on our own board

Hi,

There is also one third problem which is very common on prototype
boards: Bad solderings. Missing 25 MHz clock is the usual symptom
when one or more of the balls on the ETRAX 100LX is/are not properly
soldered. The bad solderings do not need to include the 25 MHz signal
itself to cause this symptom.

A fourth possibility is that you may have a short between one of the
data bus signals and some other signal, or you may have some other
unit accidently driving the data bus during start up.

Per Zander