From: owner-dev-etrax@xxxxxxx.com]On">mailto:owner-dev-etrax@xxxxxxx.com]On
Behalf Of ulf.sjostedt@xxxxxxx.se
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 3:57 PM
To: dev-etrax
Subject: MAC address / serial number

Hi everybody!

Well, I think I'm through the worst.
Many thanks for all the help.

(I hope) I have just one more question:
how do I get at the serial number?

I need to send the odd frame from my OS-less program,
so I need the MAC address for the source field in the
Ethernet header.

If I understand the procedure, in the Linux case the driver
is told what address to set by the /usr/init.d/network script,
which gets it from bootblocktool.  However, I haven't been
able to see the where bootblocktool reads it.

Where is it?

Thanks,

/Uffe Sjöstedt
SaabTech Systems AB