dev software install problem

I'm having trouble installing the developer board LX software.  I have
followed the directions at
http://developer.axis.com/doc/software/devboard_lx/install-howto.html.

I get to the point of:

cd axis/devboard_lx
./install

but the install fails as follows:

checking for working mmap... (cached) no
checking compiler warning flags...  -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type -Wcomment
-Wtrigraphs -Wformat -Wparentheses -Wpointer-arith -Wuninitialized
checking for cygwin... no
checking for tgetent in -lncurses... no
checking for tgetent in -lHcurses... no
checking for tgetent in -ltermlib... no
checking for tgetent in -ltermcap... no
checking for tgetent in -lcurses... no
checking for tgetent in -lterminfo... no
configure: error: Could not find a term library
Configure in /home/rlepage/axis/devboard_lx/apps/tools/gdbserver/gdbobj/gdb
failed, exiting.
make[1]: *** [gdbserver] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/rlepage/axis/devboard_lx/apps/tools/gdbserver'
make: *** [install-recurse] Error 1

Looking in axis/devboard_lx/apps/tools/gdbserver/gdbobj/gdb/config.log, I see
at the end:

configure:6135: checking for tgetent in -lterminfo
configure:6154: gcc-cris -mlinux -isystem
/home/rlepage/axis/devboard_lx/target/
cris-axis-linux-gnu/include -o conftest -g   conftest.c -lterminfo  -lm  1>&5
/usr/local/cris/lib/gcc-lib/cris/2.96/rld-cris: cannot find -lterminfo
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure: failed program was:
#line 6143 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
/* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
/* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
    builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
char tgetent();

int main() {
tgetent()
; return 0; }

There are similar entries for all of the libraries that are checked for
tgetent.  It looks like none of the libraries are found.

Where should these libraries be found?
Any suggestions on how to get the install to complete?

I have the cris 1.25 release installed in /usr/local/cris/bin, lib, man.
The install used the 2.4.14 kernel and the devboard_lx-R2_1_0.tgz software.
The host system is running the gentoo linux distribution.

I do have a libtermcap.a in axis/devboard_lx/libs/termcap, but none of the
above listed term or curses libraries in
/usr/local/cris/lib/gcc-lib/cris/2.96/linux

Any help will be much appreciated.

-Rob Lepage