USB Mass Storage device

Hi,
We are interfacing a USB mass storage device.

When the device is not connected the system boots well, and if we connect the device linux detects the device correctly with the following message.

hub.c: USB new device connect on bus1/2, assigned device number 2
  Vendor: ALTECH    Model: ANYDRIVE          Rev: 1.11
Attached scsi removable disk sda at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
sda: Write Protect is off
Partition check:
 sda: sda1

But, when the device is connected at boot time the system dies with the following message.

Freeing unused kernel memory: 40k freed
hub.c: USB new device connect on bus1/2, assigned device number 2
init: starting up.
Error -5 while decompressing!
c016466c(4790)->cfd1e000(8192)
  Vendor: ALTECH    Model: ANYDRIVE          Rev: 1.11
Attached scsi removable disk sda at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
open /etc/inittab: No such file or directoryKernel panic: Attempted to kill init
!

And, as kangjerjyh pointed out on this list, the device is very unstable.

Has anybody had the same problems?
Please help me.Thanks in advance.

Regards Sangmoon Kim