A question about bootstrap

Hi,
  I was reading the Etrax-100 data sheet and wondering if there are any more
information on bootstrap method on parallel port.
Let say I develop my own board, if I set the BS to 11 (parallel bootstrap)
and connect my parallel port and download the 784 bytes, I like to know when
the Etrax knows when to execute the code.  Does it wait until 784 bytes are
received then execute the code at 0x380000f0.  Does each parallel port
strobe increment the byte counter so if I didn't send all 784 bytes the cpu
just sit there and wait and wait until 784 bytes are received?