RE: adding modules to the kernel

On Fri, 2003-03-14 at 23:27, Peter Kjellerstedt wrote:

> > /lib/modules/<kernel version> ... is true for normal kernel
> > compilation.
> > But I do not see a call to 'make modules' call in the Top-level
> > Makefile. So I believe that this has to be done manually. Is
> > that right?
>
> No. It should be there at the end of the rule called 'kernel'.
> Look for CONFIG_MODULES in the top Makefile and you should
> find  both the location where they are built and where they
> are installed. You should not have to do anything manually
> for the modules to be built and installed as long as you have
> enabled CONFIG_MODULES in the kernel config, and marked which
> parts should be built as modules.
>
> //Peter

I am using devboard_lx-R2_1_0.tgz.gz

Grep'ing in the top-level directory doesn't show anything.

[amit@xxxxxxx.axis/devboard_lx) $ grep CONFIG_MODULES *
kernelconfig:# CONFIG_MODULES is not set
[amit@xxxxxxx.axis/devboard_lx) $ grep -i modules *
kernelconfig:# CONFIG_MODULES is not set
kernelconfig:# User Modules And Translation Layers
[amit@xxxxxxx.axis/devboard_lx) $

-Amit