keyboard on serial port

Hello,

Can anybody help me how can I use serial line for keyboard purpose? I have a
key matrix connect to 8051 like uC and it can send the pushed character. I
would like to connect it to one of serial port of developer board, and use
like keyboard. The output is an LCD which driven through /dev/lcd. I would
like to use board like a virtual terminal.

Thx in advance,

Sza2.

(04)