Re: Ethernet transceiver - PHY address

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003, Pieter Grimmerink wrote:

> I haven't connected it yet, but I read in the datasheet that it sets its
> outputs to tristate when address 0 is used.

All the MII outputs presumably, at least our LSI Logic PHY does the same.

We used a small uc to (among other things) set the PHY on, and restrict
the advertised capabilities to half duplex. It's always possible to use a
hub to get half
duplex in production, but in the field it'd be a pain otherwise.

Best regards,

Jarkko