Re: GCC or AS error

> Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 15:49:55 +0200
> From: Uwe Reimann <dev-etrax@xxxxxxx.net>

> cris-gcc generated the following line, which cris-as cannot understand:
>
> 	move.d [$r9=$r2+[$r0+strnames:GOT]],$r10
>
> Is this line correct and as has an error, or is this line wrong and
> therefor gcc? (As complains about illegal operands)

The instruction is wrong.  This indicates a bug in gcc-cris.

Are you using cris-dist-1.24?  If so, can you please add
"-save-temps -v" to the options you used to compile the file,
and send me the output you see *and* the file with .i suffix
that gcc writes?  (For a file "foo.c", this will be "foo.i".)

brgds, H-P