From: owner-dev-etrax@xxxxxxx.com]On">mailto:owner-dev-etrax@xxxxxxx.com]On
Behalf Of Dan Nelson
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2003 10:54 AM
To: dev-etrax
Subject: Cannot Load Image To Dev Board

I've been trying to load the image to the board (bluetooth), but get errors.

I've installed the dev board and kernel sources on a redhat 8.0 machine.  I
did a ./install which completed without any errors.

The dev board is visible on the network, I've pinged it, telneted it and
browsed it. (I had to change the network settings to do so.)

When I run ktest I get a myriad of errors pointing to the boot_linux perl
script, line 299 in a routine called extract_hw_settings.  It looks like it
can't read the image file, "malformed utf-8 character", etcetera.  The file
is there with permission for all to read.  I'm running perl 5.8.

Maybe I've missed a step somewhere.

Thanks

Dan