Re: Syntax error in executable on AXIS

Matthew Eash wrote:
> However, upon running it on my AXIS dev_lx board, I get:
>
> 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected.

Though I don't know if this is the cause of your problem, but since you
are using RedHat 8.0, you might want to try

export LANG=C
export LC_ALL=C

and then rebuild your application.  (I'm assuming you just ftp'd your
application to the board, and that you haven't built the kernel and all
the applications from scratch.)

If that doesn't help, a sanity check of the binary would be to check the
output from the 'file' command on the binary.  It should say something like:

ELF 32-bit LSB executable, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses
shared libs), not stripped

When you ftp the binary to the board, make sure you transfer it in
binary mode.

--
Orjan Friberg
Axis Communications AB