insmod: unresolved symbol: __down_interruptible

ETRAX Developers:
I am working on a loadable module for my devboard_lx, and cannot get it to
load due to error: "insmod: unresolved symbol: __down_interruptible."

I scanned the files System.map, and vmlinux and the function appears to be
present (hard to read all output from /proc/ksyms), yet insmod
refuses to load the module. Oddly, closely related functions like
__up, __down, get resolved. I have also turned off versioning.

Any ideas would be most appreciated.
Cheers,
--Tim