Re: Problem with Developer Board

At least the board sounds like it's alive, it's talking to the host pc
through the network.  It sounds like the code that you're downloading to it
has some kind of an error or is corrupt in some way.  If the bootloader code
is okay then you should be able to load good code to it.  The bootloader
code is only changed when you do a flashitall.  But that part seems to be
working, so I think you're okay.

You might be able to find the image files on the Axis web site and try
sending them to the board.  You can also do a complete re-compile of the
kernel and the rest of the code to make new images.

I'm not sure what stage you're at with the board, it's still pretty new to
me.  Have you compiled an application and run it on the board?  Have you
installed the kernel source and compiled it and downloaded it to the board?
You might have to back up a step and start from there.  There's quite a bit
of info on the Axis site on getting started.

> also what is the meaning of the STATUS (orange) LED remaining continuously
ON,
> when the board is reset. This turns OFF when the board is in boot mode.

I'm using the bluetooth board, so it's slightly different.  I think what you
call the STATUS led is network status.  On my board, orange means it's
listening on the network.  But if it's got a wrong ip address it won't be
able to hear anything.  On my board, this led also goes off when in boot
mode.

It sounds like your board is okay though, it's just a matter of getting the
right code to it.

Dan