RE: Problem with Developer Board (My own version of the problem)

Howdy All,

I have just got back to the project that I am using the etrax 100 LX
board, with on and am having similar problems as bilal.  Here's a

+ Install software according to "How to Install Developer Board LX
Software"
  - downloaded 2.4.19 and cris patch
  - applied per README
  - make tools
  - make kernel && make cris-axis-linux-gnu
  - make install && make files && make images
+ Attempt to "test" the new images with ktest

<ktest output>
./ktest
* size is 1982464 0x001e4000
Using internal boot loader: DBG2 - Debug on ser2.
Starting boot...
Booting device with random id c0fa437a.
</ktest output>

<DBG output>
SET_REGISTER
0xB0000038
0x00001EF3
PACKET_INFO
0xC0004000
0x001E4000
</DBG output>

And that's it.  The ktest sequence looks like it is about to begin, but
then does nothing else.  I've been patient (10s of minutes, even let one
sit overnight), and still nothing further.  The Status LED remains lit
as soon as ktest is initiated.  kflash has the same results.  And
different kimages seem to make no difference, as well.  The developer
board will "reset" just fine, and I have captured the boot sequence.  If
necessary, I'll post this for further details.

Oh, I'm using Redhat 7.3; gcc 2.96; gcc-cris 1.25; kernel 2.4.19 (for
etrax); devboard_lx 2.1.0

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

--
Matt Matoushek

Invocon, Inc.
www.invocon.com