booting question

Help: this output is really annoying me:

Freeing unused kernel memory: 32k freed
init: starting up.
usb-host.c: USB controller in host mode.
usb-host.c: USB controller started.
usb-host.c: USB controller in host mode.
usb-host.c: USB controller started.
usb-host.c: USB controller running.
hub.c: new USB device etrax100lx-1, assigned address 2
rtl8150.c: eth1: rtl8150 is detected
/sbin/rc.init: Mounting /mnt/flash... done
File system requires upgrade.
Mounting /proc... done
Unmounting /mnt/flash... done
Erasing flash... done
Upgrading file system...

This happens when I try to run ./ktest using the default kernel compilation
(from running the ./install script).  It doesn't happen when I use the factory
default kernel on my devbaord.

The erasing flasha dn upgrading file system seems to take forever.  I can;t
figure out what's causing it.  Any ideas?

-Kevin