Re: glibc-2.3.1 for cris

> Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 01:56:36 +0200
> From: Uwe Reimann <dev-etrax@xxxxxxx.net>

> I am still trying to compile glibc-2.3.1 with a recent gcc (gcc-3.2.3)
> for cris-axis-linux-gnu. After adding some patches I managed to compile
> it. But there seems to be a problem with large file support. If I don't
> explicitly disable large file support in fileutils, ls -l shows the size
> of files multiplied by 2^32. It looks like the lower and higher 32 bits
> are swapped (maybe I should create a file bigger than 4gb to be sure).
>
> Using cris-dist-glibc-1.25 with the same compiler and the same fileutils
> works fine.
>
> This might be the wrong place to ask such questions, but could anybody
> point me into the right direction in order to fix that?

This points in the direction of one specific glibc bug, only
visible on platforms where the ABI says structures have no
alignment-padding between elements.  See diff between last two
cris-dist-glibc packages, specifically
sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/bits/stat.h.  See also the file NEWS for
cris-dist-1.25.

(For the record, I just [finally] sent a patch to the glibc
people for this bug, with CC to mr. Reimann:
<URL:http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-alpha/2003-06/msg00006.html>.)

brgds, H-P