AW: AW: problem with gdb-cris

Title: AW: AW: problem with gdb-cris

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Orjan Friberg [mailto:orjan.friberg@xxxxxxx.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 04. Juni 2003 14:04
An: Schachner Thomas
Cc: dev-etrax@xxxxxxx.com
Betreff: Re: AW: problem with gdb-cris

Schachner Thomas wrote:

> Sorry for that bad explanation of the problem :
>
> I have a server application which communicates over usb with a dedicated
> bus
> system, on the linux enviroment there is no segmentation fault but if i
> crosscompile
> the code and execute on the axis device then i get an segmentation fault.

(Please keep dev-etrax on the CC list.)

Just to be sure: the kernel doesn't crash, does it?

NO!

> So i want to examine the problem i installed the cris-gdb and all i get
> is "Cannot access memory at address 0x0" so i do not know where the problem
> is, its not a problem with gdb but with this message i can't do anything.

I don't know if this is the cause for your problem, but did you compile
your application with -fno-omit-frame-pointer?

YES!

> backtrace brings -> Cannot access memory at address 0x0
> list brings -> rtld.c: no such file or directory in rtld.c

this file i do not know is not one of application files:
libraries involved are:

libusb.so -> code derived from official libusb userspace usb-lib.
libstdc++.so.2 -> c++ lib
libm.so.6 -> probably libstdc++.so.2 needs libm.so.6
libc.so.6 -> standard c lib

Please try the command 'cris-fpless-backtrace' also (which tries to get
a backtrace without using the frame pointer).  Try 'info registers' as
well (it should give you the current pc).

cris-fpless-backtrace :

#0 0x65636376 in (null)
Cannot access memory at ddress 0x0

info registers :
No selected frame.

> what is rtld.c ?

It is probably the file where the crash happened, since gdb tries to
read the source code from it.  Maybe it belongs to one of your libraries.

I found out it is a file from libc.so.6!

--
Orjan Friberg
Axis Communications