Re: AW: AW: problem with gdb-cris

Orjan Friberg wrote:

> Even if your program crashed inside a library function, you should at
> least be able to see that the innermost stack frame.  I tried this with
> gdb-cris 5.3, but I'm going to try it with 5.2.1 also.

Ok, it works with 5.2.1 also.  If you feel like digging into it, you
could add printouts in elf_core_dump in os/linux/fs/binfmt_elf.c to
print the pt_regs struct, in which the irp member contains the pc. In
case it's in a shared library you'll have to check /proc/<pid>/maps also
to see where each library was loaded.  That could give you a clue as to
which function it was in when it crashed.

Do you know if the program ever reaches the main() function?  If you get
that far, maybe printfs could be helpful in tracking down where it crashes.

--
Orjan Friberg
Axis Communications