AW: AW: AW: AW: problem with gdb-cris

Title: AW: AW: AW: AW: problem with gdb-cris

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Orjan Friberg [mailto:orjan.friberg@xxxxxxx.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 05. Juni 2003 10:28
An: Schachner Thomas
Cc: 'dev-etrax@xxxxxxx.com'
Betreff: Re: AW: AW: AW: problem with gdb-cris

Schachner Thomas wrote:

> usb.c: USB device 4 (vend/prod 0x4fa/0x2490) is not claimed by any
> active driver.

You don't seem to have configured the kernel for your device, so there
is no driver to handle it.  I don't know if the driver is part of the
official distribution, maybe you have to get it from somewhere else.

The driver is in my program libusb.so handles all usb calls via ioctl calls
on the VFS node /proc/bus/usb

if you give  the command "mount"

then you will see on the axis83 Device Server

none on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw)

which means that /proc/bus/usb is the mountpoint for the usb bus so you
can use it as a normal disk and make ioctl calls.

In the above szenario my DS2490 USB ot onewire bridge chip was found under

/proc/bus/usb/001/004

The driver wich is needed by the kernel is usbdevfs = deviceio.c to make my userspace libusb.so work
and that is all in place as it is on my linux host.

you can check with

cat /proc/bus/usb/drivers

which produces

usbdevfs
hub
rtl8150

also the usb devices connected you can check with:

cat /proc/bus/usb/devices

You probably want to try the latest ETRAX USB host driver we recently
put on http://developer.axis.com/download/linux/drivers/ (back up the
old ones just in case).

That's maybe the solution to solve the problem.

--
Orjan Friberg
Axis Communications