From: owner-dev-etrax@xxxxxxx.com">mailto:owner-dev-etrax@xxxxxxx.com] On Behalf Of Pieter Grimmerink
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2003 12:07 PM
To: dev-etrax
Subject: RE: Etrax100LX SDRAM problem

On Wednesday 04 June 2003 00:48, Pieter Grimmerink wrote:
> --setreg b0000008 80008002\
>  --setreg c0000000 12345678\
>  --getreg c0000000
>
> The result that getreg returns is 12341234.
> The upper two bytes seem to be read (or written...) twice.
>
> Is this a problem with my configuration?

Indeed, it turned out to be a problem with my config. For some reason, setting the CAS latency to 3 caused this. According to my SDRAM specifications, both 2 and 3 CAS latency cycles are supported. Looks like the etrax does not configure the SDRAM properly, or something else is wrong. Anyway, it works fine now with

--setreg b0000008 80008001

so I don't care too much to find the exact reason ;-)

Regards,

Pieter