Von: Orjan Friberg [mailto:orjan.friberg@xxxxxxx.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 10. Juni 2003 17:02
An: Schachner Thomas
Cc: dev-etrax@xxxxxxx.com
Betreff: Re: AW: problem with ioctl call

Schachner Thomas wrote:

> NO ioctl is system call which lives in libc.so.6
> As i described earlier the libusb.so uses the usbdevfs kernel driver over
> the special file /proc/bus/usb .

What I meant was that the ioctl call *eventually* ends up in some
driver, be it the usbdevfs driver or some other driver.

> So maybe there is a problem with libc.so.6 as for usbdevfs driver it
> would hang the kernel i think.

I'm still thinking it's driver problem, but maybe I'm missing something.
  I couldn't find the string IOCTL_USB_CLAIMINTF in my kernel tree (or
anything beginning with IOCTL_USB for that matter), but whereever that
is handled is where I'd add a printout to see how far in the call chain
you described it gets.  (Adding printouts in glibc and rebuilding it is
doable, but more difficult.  If you want to do that, you can check the
install-cris-tools script that you run when installing cris-dist from
source on how to do it.)

--
Orjan Friberg
Axis Communications