Re: AW: AW: problem with ioctl call

> From: Schachner Thomas <thomas.schachner@xxxxxxx.com>
> Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 11:51:28 +0200

> Giving up on this problem , this is to deep for me -> ioctl calls on
> usbdevfs are failing with segfaults
> Very disapointing as this seems a problem of the axis platform, because on
> the host pc platform all works fine.

If the problem is a wrongly used __devinitdata specifier, you
can see this on a "host pc platform" too, provided you compile
that USB driver *not* as a module.  (Don't forget to restart the
system if you try this, to see the effect.)  Or alternatively,
build it as a module on the Axis platform and such a problem
will appear to magically go away.

> So we cannot use the axis platform .

You'll see a problem related to wrongly used __devinitdata on
*any* platform with a monolithically (non-module) built driver.

brgds, H-P