AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: problem with ioctl call

Title: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: problem with ioctl call

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Orjan Friberg [mailto:orjan.friberg@xxxxxxx.com]
Gesendet: Freitag, 13. Juni 2003 12:00
An: Schachner Thomas
Cc: 'dev-etrax@xxxxxxx.com'
Betreff: Re: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: problem with ioctl call

Schachner Thomas wrote:
> Hello!
>
> It's me again!
>
> Now segfault ( trough your help ) is gone and usb - kernel panic is here.

For the benefit of other developers, I'm going to expand a little on
what happened, because I haven't seen this behaviour before.  The
application wrote to uninitialized memory, which happened to point to
glibc's data segment (gdb and /proc/<pid>/maps told me that).  That
segment is writable since it contains the errno variable, for example.
This caused a crash on a random library call (ioctl, printf, or
somewhere in the exit call chain).

> here is the dmesg output:
>
> usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
> usbdevfs: USBDEVFS_BULK failed dev 6 ep 0x83 len 32 ret -110
> usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
> usbdevfs: USBDEVFS_BULK failed dev 6 ep 0x81 len 32 ret -110
> usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
> usbdevfs: USBDEVFS_BULK failed dev 6 ep 0x83 len 32 ret -110
> usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
> usbdevfs: USBDEVFS_BULK failed dev 6 ep 0x81 len 32 ret -110
> usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
> usbdevfs: USBDEVFS_BULK failed dev 6 ep 0x83 len 32 ret -110
> usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
> usbdevfs: USBDEVFS_BULK failed dev 6 ep 0x81 len 32 ret -110
> usb-host.c: Got epid attn for control endpoint, epid 2
> usb-host.c: Perror for epid 2

Turn on USB_DEBUG_CTRL in usb-host.c (try the latest driver that I
linked to earlier; it has prettier printing of the DMA list) and send
the output.

Ok i will do so.

How can i determine on the devboard the actual version of usb-host.c ?

 I'm guessing this happens when you try and open the device,
and that /proc/bus/usb/devices looks sane (device numbering succeeded etc).

Yes /proc/bus/usb/devices looks good! and DS2490 is initialised successfully without any
errors.

It happens when you want access the DS2490 with usb_control_msg and bulk_read bulk_write
but sometimes it works but most of the times it fails with timeouts and sometimes it ends in
a kernel panic.

--
Orjan Friberg
Axis Communications