Re: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: problem with ioctl call

Schachner Thomas wrote:
> Hi!
>
> With usb-host.c version 1.15.2.5 it works correct.
> but i always get an usb_control/bulk_msg : timeout if the usb
> bus is accessed.
> Function is correct of the server application but why are these timeouts?

Hard to say, since I don't know what those control transfers are
supposed to do.  Quite a lot of control traffic has been sent by the
time the timeouts appear, and everything seems fine up until that point.
  (To actually find out what's happening, I would need to have access to
the device so I could connect my USB analyzer to it.)  It seems strange
that the device should suddenly stop responding to control out
transfers, since it's reasonable to believe that the communication with
the device is the same as on your i386 host.  Do you get any kind of
error messages in /var/log/messages on your host?

I got a bit worried when checking the Linux USB working devices list for
the Dallas DS2490 (http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/showdev.php?id=1344),
since it indicates that the driver isn't working.  I also checked the
SourceForge page (http://sourceforge.net/projects/onewirepd/) and it
isn't clear to me what the status of the driver is.

--
Orjan Friberg
Axis Communications