AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: problem with ioctl call

Title: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: problem with ioctl call

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Orjan Friberg [mailto:orjan.friberg@xxxxxxx.com]
Gesendet: Freitag, 13. Juni 2003 16:38
An: Schachner Thomas
Cc: 'dev-etrax@xxxxxxx.com'
Betreff: Re: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: problem with ioctl call

Schachner Thomas wrote:
> Hi!
>
> With usb-host.c version 1.15.2.5 it works correct.
> but i always get an usb_control/bulk_msg : timeout if the usb
> bus is accessed.
> Function is correct of the server application but why are these timeouts?

Hard to say, since I don't know what those control transfers are
supposed to do.  Quite a lot of control traffic has been sent by the
time the timeouts appear, and everything seems fine up until that point.
  (To actually find out what's happening, I would need to have access to
the device so I could connect my USB analyzer to it.)  It seems strange
that the device should suddenly stop responding to control out
transfers, since it's reasonable to believe that the communication with
the device is the same as on your i386 host.  Do you get any kind of
error messages in /var/log/messages on your host?

No all is clean the last hub.c message is:
USB device 41 (vend/prod 0x4fa/0x2490) is not claimed by any active driver.

After that no USB messages, but i'll tested very much to toggle DS2405 switches on
the onewirebus, and also READ DS2406 ports, no USB messages but alls works fine!

There is no driver , if you look at onewire.cpp you will see how it works.
over usbdevfs via ioctl calls the hexcommands for the DS2490 are sent trough
usb transfers. DS2490 itself sends the commands to the onewire line via timeslots, but
that protocoll is in the hardwaredesign of the DS2490 chip and works with no SW driver or
something else.

If you want so the driver is in the serverprogram in USERSPACE and programmed by me with the whitepaper
of DS2490 and all the components of the onewire bus system.

I am not worried because i don't use anything which are presented under the links you mentioned here.

I got a bit worried when checking the Linux USB working devices list for
the Dallas DS2490 (http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/showdev.php?id=1344),
since it indicates that the driver isn't working.  I also checked the
SourceForge page (http://sourceforge.net/projects/onewirepd/) and it
isn't clear to me what the status of the driver is.

I am not using anything als as usb commands via libusb->ioctl->usbdevfs->DS2490 DS2490 itself -> ONEWIRE COMMUNICATION not programmable since it's in the DS2490 layered.

If i want i can make a userspace driver for DS2490 since it is already programmed in the serverprogramm, which is
now working out of the box ( trough your help also on the axis platform but with usb timeout messages )

BYE Thomas
--
Orjan Friberg
Axis Communications