RE: Flashing the board from Linux

That's a lot better than I expected! I was actually tending to put more
stuff in the JFFS partition as opposed to in the cramfs partition
to save ram, as long as we had enough flash.
But there's no reason for that I see.

Next question, since kernel+cramfs are kept in a single flash image,
is it possible to update just the kernel, and leave cramfs untouched?
Especially since we can never be too sure that a new page of cramfs
is not needed during the update... (or in fact even after the update,
files could have gone somewhere else, or just disappeared).

> If you want to do your own flash upgrading stuff you
> are probably better of starting from the devboard_82 distribution where
> the flash upgrade support has been moved to a separate application
> (apps/flash) and the FTP-daemon (apps/vftpd) is configured to
> communicate with the flash application.

What's the big difference between devboard_lx and devboard_82 by
the way, there hasn't been a new _lx version for a long time.
Can we merge (parts of) _82 into _lx?
Or is a new _lx to be expected soon?

Regards,

Pieter