RE: Boot kgdb kernel problem

I have followed the instructions in this note but it does not appear to
work for me.
When I compile the new kernel and do a 'ktest' to invoke the new kernel
I see nothing
on the debug serial port (COM2) using 'sermon' If I change the kernel
config (General Setup->Use Kernel GDB Debugger) to disable 'kgdb' and
nothing else the kernel boots fine.

I've also put in a couple of "printk" statements in init_IRQ() where
gbd_init() is called to see if it even gets to this point and I never
see the printk's so it looks
Like this is not getting called.

I'm using the 2.4.19 kernel and 'tools' 2.0.5 and gdb 5.2.1

Linas