synchronous port : clock rate in slave mode

Hi,

I'm trying to use the synchronous serial port 0 in slave bidirectionnal
mode. The external data clock rate is 12MHz. The external frame sync
clock rate is 8KHz.

When I send data from the devboard, the bit stream only syncs on the
frame sync signal at 8KHz but not on the clock signal at 12MHz. The
clock signal looks not very good, it's not a square signal but a sinus
signal.

Before designing a transceiver for the external data clock, I'd like to
be sure that the etrax hardware can handle a clock at 12MHz.

Thank you,
Best Regards.