From: owner-dev-etrax@xxxxxxx.com">mailto:owner-dev-etrax@xxxxxxx.com] On Behalf Of Mathieu Berland - 77160
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2003 11:13 AM
To: dev-etrax
Subject: synchronous port : clock rate in slave mode

Hi,

I'm trying to use the synchronous serial port 0 in slave bidirectionnal mode. The external data clock rate is 12MHz. The external frame sync clock rate is 8KHz.

When I send data from the devboard, the bit stream only syncs on the frame sync signal at 8KHz but not on the clock signal at 12MHz. The clock signal looks not very good, it's not a square signal but a sinus signal.

Before designing a transceiver for the external data clock, I'd like to be sure that the etrax hardware can handle a clock at 12MHz.

Thank you,
Best Regards.