Re: USB Isochronous Problem

Orjan,

> I'm also a bit worried about the "Out of memory" message.  Please check
> the if the device driver or your application relies on some heavy memory
> allocation.  I don't see any immediate connection to the rx errors you
> get, since the DMA in buffers are static, and every dynamic allocation
> in the host driver should be followed by an assert on the resulting
> pointer, but I think it's worth investigating.  (BTW, do you notice any
> applications being killed after the "Out of memory" message?)

I found the "Out of memory" problem and fixed it.

The driver seems to be getting the byte stream from the device, its when the
driver is trying to stop and close the device that the messages occurs and
the axis82 hangs.

> I'm sorry; I can't see any obvious explanation as to why you get these
> rx errors yet.  Could you define USB_DEBUG_ISOC and USB_DEBUG_CTRL in
> usb-host.c, and add the following line:
>
>    warn("R_USB_STATUS = 0x%x", *R_USB_STATUS);
>
> to the lines you added previously in etrax_usb_rx_interrupt() (should be
> around line 1556).

usb-host.c: Urbs are linked, ignoring.
usb-host.c: Urbs are linked, ignoring.
usb-host.c: Out of synch? Previous frame = 0, current frame = 1830
usb-host.c: error in rx desc->status, epid 2, first urb = 0xc03331a0

USB_IN_Desc at 0xc01c1060
  sw_len  : 0x0400 (1024)
  command : 0x0000
  next    : 0x401c1070
  buf     : 0x401ae4a0
  hw_len  : 0x0001 (1)
  status  : 0x02e2

usb-host.c: R_USB_EPT_DATA for epid 2 = 0x801e0883
usb-host.c: R_USB_STATUS=0x7
usb-host.c: Completing isoc urb with status -71.
usb-host.c: error in rx desc->status, epid 2, first urb = 0xc0332ea0

USB_IN_Desc at 0xc01c1080
  sw_len  : 0x0400 (1024)
  command : 0x0000
  next    : 0x401c1090
  buf     : 0x401aeca0
  hw_len  : 0x0001 (1)
  status  : 0x02e2

usb-host.c: R_USB_EPT_DATA for epid 2 = 0x801e0883
usb-host.c: R_USB_STATUS=0x7
usb-host.c: Completing isoc urb with status -71.
usb-host.c: error in rx desc->status, epid 2, first urb = 0xc03331a0

Thanks,
Mike