From: owner-dev-etrax@xxxxxxx.com">mailto:owner-dev-etrax@xxxxxxx.com] On Behalf Of Kevin Wooley
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2003 1:26 AM
Cc: dev-etrax
Subject: Re: precision timer?

Well, what I really care about is the time between system calls as long as the measurement is relatively accurate.  I don't care if the CPU goes off and does other things some times as long as the time keeps ticking away.

Am I correct in understanding that the bit of the kernel that supplies the time keeps ticking away (is this based on a hardware timer?), it's just when the CPU actually deals with the system call that changes?

thanks,

	Kevin